Who We Are
We are so glad you have found your way to Expression Church! Expression Church is a multicultural and multi-generational Church based in the suburb of Penrose in Auckland city. We are part of the New Life Churches New Zealand.
We are passionate about people and helping them find healing, hope and their purpose through a relationship with Jesus.
We believe everyone has a place in God’s house. Whatever your journey has been so far, you can find your place at Expression Church!
Come and join us Sunday mornings at 10am, we would love to see you there!
Our vision at Expression Church is to raise and empower a generation to change their world for Christ. We aim to do this by focusing on three core values; Connect, Grow, Serve.
Our goal is to live our lives with authentic faith and relevant expression.
What We Believe
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our everyday lives. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy. (1 John 5:7-8; John 14:16-17; Genesis 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17)
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives. (Romans 3:23)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life. (John 14:6; Philippians 2:5-11; Romans 6:23)
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives. (1 John 1:9; Acts 16:31; Mark 1:15)
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be water baptized and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit who enables us to use spiritual gifts. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:1-14; Galatians 5:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12; Romans 12:3-8)
- We believe in the power and significance of the Church and the need for believers to meet regularly together for, to be equipped in the word, encouraged and challenged, for prayer and the ‘breaking of bread’. (Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:42, 46-47; Luke 22:19-20;)
- We believe we are created to worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live by giving our time and our finances. (Acts 2:45, 47;)
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that through our lives we are able to help others more effectively. (2 Corinthians 5:16-21; Galatians 5:1)
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 2:21; Matthew 25)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised. (Acts 1:9-11; Matthew 16:27)
Peter and Cara Perumalla have been the Senior Pastors at Expression Church since Dec 2014. They moved from Christchurch and are loving life in Auckland. They have three young children Sylvana, Brock and Leo, who love to go on adventures together, exploring new places. Peter and Cara have a passion for the local church and to share the life giving message of the gospel. They love to meet new people and see them become connected to community and to their creator.
Our leadership team at Expression Church are a fantastic group of leaders who Love God and love people and have a desire to serve God through helping and leading people closer to Him.
Dan & Pam Ogle
Pastoral Care Leaders
Lionel & Margaret Pillay
Don & Francie
Children's Pastors, Connect group leaders
May Sanchez & Annie Phillips
Connect group leaders
Connect group leader
Pastors with Elders
Friday Playgroup: is a fun group for parents or primary caregivers to enjoy together with their young child/children. We meet every Friday 10 am during school time on site.
Through our local community connections we provide food boxes to anyone who has need of food. If you would like to receive a food box please call 09 579 6831.
‘Go into the world…and make disciples”
We support several people who pioneer ministries in Asia, India and the Pacific Islands.